- Can I assemble a controller without a PCB?
Can. In principle, you can connect Arduino directly to the power part and the clock and input devices. The motherboard is designed for ease of use and installation in the case.
Below is a description of the contacts on the board:
D6 (10), D7(11),D8(12), D9(13), D10(14), D11(15), D12(16), D13(17) - Channels are used for the power section (relay).
D5(9) - switchPin (Joystick button)
D4(8) - tonePin (Speaker channel)
D3(7) - Temperature sensors
A7(23), A6(24) - X,Y Joystick
A4(27),A5(28) - I2C Bus, used to connect the screen and the clock module.
TDX(31), RDX(30) - UART Bus for data exchange with WiFI module
- Can I flash a chip without a programmer?
In principle, it is possible. However, only for firmware size less than 30720 bytes. The rest of the firmware is sewn only through the USBasp programmer. For more information, please visit the forum.
- Can I connect the WiFi module without using the motherboard?
Yes you can. However, the reliability and reliability of such a system will be extremely low. For ESP8266, the following scheme is used:
Also worth noting the sensitivity of the chip to the quality of food.
- Can I use a two-line LCD instead of the four-line LCD?
При инициализации дисплея мы явно указываем количество строк и символов в строке поддерживаемым данным дисплеем. Поэтому ответить что будет если подключить дисплей другого типа, я не берусь...
- What if my adapter has a non-standard address on my I2C screen?
Nothing. The firmware on the first start, scans the address of the connected display and will subsequently use it when connecting and initializing. However, the first time you start the firmware, you need to connect only the display to the I2C bus, the rest of the devices, a clock or something else, must be connected after the first start.
- What kind of power supply can I use to connect the controller?
A good 5V switching power supply. To power the board with all connected devices, the recommended power is at least 700mA.
- Can I use other types of chips, boards, etc.?
The chip must be uniquely atmega328p. It is also recommended to use Arduino nano, since the firmware was written and tested only for these cards.
- I do not have enough functionality, could you ...?
I could, but unfortunately I have a functional, enough.
- There are errors or problems in the device, what should I do?
Write to the forum or directly through the contacts or feedback form.
- It seems I burned the chip, what should I do?
There are two options, the device turns on, the power LED is on: you just screw up the bootloader, and you just need to refill it through the programmer, or through the donor, a lot of information on the network, read, understand, or ask on the forum. If the programmer can not fill the bootloader, provided that it is now properly connected: then everything is sad. Option two: the device does not turn on, the power LED does not light. What is most likely 99% that you are damn right
- I still have a question, where to write?
- I want to make myself such a controller, but I do not understand anything about this, what should I do?
Buy ready, soldered and sewn ...